EERC is a non-profit, scientific research center that focuses on sustainable development practices in agriculture, environment, and natural resource management in Africa. EERC is based in Nigeria with regional offices in Malawi and the organization works in partnership with research and academic institutions, governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector to develop scalable agricultural and environmental management practices with real impact on poverty reduction, food security, ecosystem health, conservation, and livelihood development. EERC operates four (4) main Programs and these include:
- Agriculture and Environmental Management
- Natural Resources Management
- Livelihood and Economic
- Human Resources and Capacity Building
The Human Resource & Capacity Building Program
EERC is committed to building the skills and capacity of African scientists, and young professionals through direct engagement with individuals either as interns, volunteers, visiting researchers, or training applicants. We equally promote and develop human capacity for sustainable development by engaging in different activities such as training, seminars, workshops, and short courses for a wide range of stakeholders such as farmers, scientists, academics, private sectors, and development actors across different fields of learning. To support the realization of this program, EERC organizes from to time free, sponsored, or paid training for diverse groups of individuals at all levels. This workshop is a paid training that is designed primarily for young and mid-career scientists and it is intended to build the capacity of scientists to develop competitive grant proposals to secure funding from several donor agencies.
As a participant in the 3-day training on Content and Article writing, you will learn to effectively communicate your research objectives and findings to an interested audience through improved writing skills. With writing being an important method of expressing one’s argument, you will learn how to develop your arguments systematically and present it a convincing manner. This training focuses on familiarizing you with the structure of quality writing, which will help you better grasp the process of exploring relevant journals as well as writing your articles for publication. Through a mix of presentations and practice questions, this training provides you with a solid foundation for approaching the process of excellent writing in your respective disciplines. It will also cover other writing genres that are relevant to you, including policy briefs, short communications, review papers, etc.
- A guide to identifying suitable journals for article publications
- Understand the editorial review process and what reviews looks
- Gain knowledge on how to respond to reviewers’ comments
- Intensive training on how to write suitable articles fit for publishing in both local and international journals.
- Insight on how to write relevant quality content that will appeal to the interest of the readers.
- Practical test assignments with detailed feedback and assessment from our team to ensure you master the skills taught in the training.
Who Should Attend?
The training is intended for interested researchers or academics in both sciences and social sciences who wish to gain practical knowledge and develop his/her skills in article/paper publications.
What to Gain
At the end of the training, participants are expected to;
- Develop knowledge and skills in writing quality articles for publications in high-impact journals.
- Understand editorial processes and what editors and reviewers look for.
- Learn best practices for submitting papers/articles in some peer review journals.
- Identify the structural part of an academic paper.
- Construct evidence-based arguments and articulate them within conventions of academic writing
- Mentorship from our team of experts on article writing.
The application fee will be based on the mode of participation. Interested applicants are expected to pay the following fee:
|Mode of Participation||Training Fee|
kindly note that all applicants will be required to upload their CVs and ID cards for the purpose of documentation.
Mode of Payment:
All payments are to be made by electronic bank transfer to the following account details:
Account Name: Environmental and Economic Resource Centre
Account Number: 0477958078
Bank Name: Guarantee Trust Bank (GT Bank)
Applicants should scan and send their payment receipt to the Finance & Administrative Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants are expected to submit an expression of interest at least 2 weeks before the training date using this link. Payment should be made at least 1 week before the training date for effective planning.
Application Date & Procedure
The training is scheduled to hold between 15th to 17th May, 2023. All interested applicants will be required to submit their expression of interest with evidence of payment on or before 10th May, 2023. The training is designed for a maximum of 30 participants, applicants are hereby encouraged to ensure timely submission of their expression of interest and also ensure early payment to secure their booking. Please note that the submission of an expression of interest does not imply statutory acceptance to participate in the training.