Environmental and Economic Resource Centre (EERC) is an international research-based NGO that works with a network of local and international partners to catalyse and develop inclusive agriculture, sustainable livelihoods, natural resource conservation, and environmental management in Africa. EERC undertakes research and capacity building to develop scalable technologies and innovative practices with real impact on poverty reduction, food security, ecosystem health, conservation, and livelihood development.
About the Position
EERC aims to stimulate adoption of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) among Smallholder farmers in Southwest Nigeria. The project will involve establishment of Climate Smart Villages (CSVs) where various innovation of CSA will be tested and validated for improved productivity, climate friendly practices and food security. Your role is to ensure smooth coordination of all the project actors and farmers on successful implementation of the innovation within the period of the project.
Number of Opening: Two (2)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Field Officers will meet with the community leaders/head of farmers’ group to stimulate Smallholder farmers’ (SHFs) interest in participating in Climate Smart Village (CSV) experiment in their respective sites
- S/he ensures farmers participation in CSV model and adoption of the tested/recommended CSA practices
- Coordinate with Agricultural Development Program (ADP) workers to assist farmer establish Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices on their own plot/household level
- Coordinate the delivery of motorcycle and monitor the usage by Agric Extension Officers covering their respective zones.
- Coordinate and Monitor delivery of incentives for SHFs to shift from their existing practices to recommended CSA practices
- Work Closely with the Program Manager to successfully implement funded projects within the period of engagement.
- Work closely with Logistics Officer in acquisition of necessary facilities, equipment, and tools for smooth running of the EERC programs.
- Coordinate with team members, visit every farmer enlisted and ensures that Agric. Extension Officers provide the required services for farmers throughout the course of their engagement in the town or community
- Complete census surveys of SHFs with accurate data and location mapping
- Ensures SHFs utilize the received support to invest in the recommended CSA practices
- Design, conduct and implement survey data collection from time to time to monitor the effect of EERC funded projects among SHFs.
- Ensures timely submission of monthly report as well as quarterly report for collation by Program Manager
- Work closely with research project team, stakeholders and project partners to ensure smooth running of the project activities
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Program Manager