About Environmental and Economic Resource Centre (EERC)
Environmental and Economic Resource Centre (EERC) is an international research-based NGO that works with a network of local and international partners to catalyse and develop inclusive agriculture, sustainable livelihoods, natural resource conservation, and environmental management in Africa. EERC undertakes research and capacity building to develop scalable technologies and innovative practices with real impact on poverty reduction, food security, ecosystem health, conservation, and livelihood development.
The Finance Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Keeps record of all in and out documents, and correspondence and ensures follow up
- Takes minutes at meetings and conferences, as well as prepares draft reports, contracts, documents, etc.
- Liaises and cooperates on financial issues with the relevant departments
- Monitor to ensure that each expense is in line with the criteria of eligibility as well as the relevant regulations and directives (Financial Regulations, Guide to budget allocation, and compliance with the donor regulations)
- Assist in all human resources activities; including supervision of staff, support staff, and volunteers.
- Assist in reviewing and making recommendations on the human resource needs of the finance and administration
- Liaises and cooperates on financial and accounting issues with all other relevant Units and Departments, as instructed
- Performs and carries out other tasks and duties required or requested by her/his line manager and/or the Executive Director.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in Human Resources, Administration, or another relevant social science subject.
- At least three (3)years’ work experience in finance and administration and or secretariat in an NGO setting.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite Package.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, especially in English language.
- Adaptable with a strong commitment to the promotion of EERC vision and objectives.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and highly diversified environment
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work with minimal supervision when needed, self-organize and deliver high quality results;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with staff-related matters and/or financial issues;
- Punctuality and
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
A professional qualification in Human Resource, Finance Management or equivalent academic or professional training would be an asset;
- Previous work experience with an international organisation would be an asset;
- Excellent administration and organisational skills;
- Works methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
- Sound ability to multi-task under short notice and with limited supervision;
- Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours
- Good experience of using data for preparing reports;
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates with the required experience are invited to submit their applications online at https://www.eerce.org/join-us/ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidate should be ready to submit Cover Letter, CV and 3 references while filling the application. Application should be submitted on or before 06 November 2022. When submitting online, you will be required to create an account before you will be able to submit your application. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download: Finance and Admin Assistant