Environmental and Economic Resource Centre (EERC) is an international research-based NGO that works with a network of local and international partners to catalyse and develop inclusive agriculture, sustainable livelihoods, natural resource conservation, and environmental management in Africa. EERC undertakes research and capacity building to develop scalable technologies and innovative practices with real impact on poverty reduction, food security, ecosystem health, conservation, and livelihood development.
Number of Openings: One (1)
You will be responsible to pursue the following objectives:
- Develop media and communication plan, tools and materials to increase awareness on Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) to various stakeholders.
- Collect evidence-based information and testimonies that EERC can use to inform programming and advocacy.
- Document and share good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities at the local community and state levels.
- Maintain and organize communication data and materials
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liaise closely with the Advocacy team to develop and support the integration of new communication approaches, tools and techniques into EERC programming.
- Document and share good practices, innovation, and lessons learned from the programs’ interventions by consolidating regular updates, reports, case studies, briefs and wide range of IEC materials
- Organization and implementation of the celebration of international/national days and campaigns (e.g. World Environment Day etc).
- Profile EERC advocacy efforts by developing advocacy messages, materials, tools as well as multimedia content.
- Undertake field visits to monitor the impact of the communication materials, messaging, use of tools identifying communication gaps and opportunities for a wider spread and reach critical masses with appropriate information.
- Update mainstream and social media platforms, with good ability to make the necessary contacts within the various platforms.
- Contribute immensely towards media and communication as part of advocacy development in all programs.
- Support in identifying potential new strategic media partners and develop strategies for working with them.
- Monitoring and supervision of media as part of advocacy-related partner activities and plans in Nigeria by ensuring that these are in line with EERC strategy.
- Contribute to the state and national level advocacy agenda by collecting and providing evidence that leverage on project outcomes.
- Collect and document beneficiary stories and testimonies that can be used for advocacy at a national and international level.
- Promote cross-thematic learning through synergistic engagements, lessons learned and knowledge sharing workshops complementing other programmatic interventions within the EERC operations.
- Proactively cultivate relationships with key media contacts and compile and maintain contacts and a general database of stakeholders.
- Assist logistics with tenders for outsourced services relating to communications and media.
- Collect data for the production of new communications material.
- Manage EERC image and video library for communication, reporting and other needs.
- Liaise with media outlets to package information and ensure external visibility with appropriate information and messages targeting a wider audience, including preparation of talking points, media briefs, and press releases.
- Perform additional activities as requested by the Advocacy Manager, and other members of the coordination team.
Internal& External Relationship
- Program Manager: Hierarchical relationship – reporting, exchange of information and collaboration on program, operational and other issues, exchange of information, collaboration, coordination on early recovery, policy and development agenda
- Field Officers: exchange of information and collaboration on program issues
- International and Local Aid Organizations: exchange of information
- Media: Exchange of Information and liaison